Monday, March 11, 2013

Classic Shortbread

As I mentioned previously I went to Chicago last weekend.  I had an awesome trip and thought I would get a ton of cool blog content to share.  Unfortunately, everything at the Home + Housewares show was top secret since it was their new product lines and absolutely no photos allowed. Boo Hiss..

However, one of the things that we did was go to high tea at the Drake Hotel.  We had a great time and the tea and refreshments where delicious an inspiring.  It is of course difficult to whip up a cream puff swan at home, so I have been trying to come up with some alternatives.  When I saw this shortbread recipe which is super easy with just a few ingredients, I knew it was going into the mix or should I say tower.  Even better is that it is not to sweet which gives you the perfect vehicle for adding fun, flavorful jams.

The one thing is that it is a Scottish recipe but I trust no one will tell the Queen.


No comments: