Monday, September 28, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

Plan for yourself.

For those of you who don’t know me, I like to celebrate every chance I get. I find ways to treat myself for life’s little accomplishments on a regular basis. If I leave the dentist cavity free…I grab a Greek coffee with plenty of real sugar and cream. If things are getting crazy at Hip Hostess we often stop for an indulgent lunch of oysters and champagne. I truly believe that it is those special little moments that get you through the tough times. It is the old school, you have to stop and smell that rose whenever possible, theory.

That being said, I also try to plan a day about every 6 months where the hubby and I celebrate true, out and out laziness. We usually do this on a Sunday which makes for a pretty busy Saturday of errands but the rewards are well worth it. Many people think it is silly to plan such a day…why not just let it be spontaneous?

The answer is…then the apartment wouldn’t be stocked with delicious, easy to grab delicacies, movie classics and I always buy one special treat. Sometimes it is new fuzzy blankets or robes to laze about in all day. Other times I buy spa products and end my self indulgent day with a facial. A few chocolate truffles never hurt either.

The reason I bring this up is that on the Hip Hostess blog we write a lot about tips for easy, unforgettable entertaining. But every once in a while you have to plan a day to cater to yourself!

3 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

what a stunning blog! what lovely ideas! I'll be back ;)

Nicole-Lynn said...

Great post! I couldn't agree with you any more :)

theblogsmaid said...

I want to do this.... I wish i could have done this for myself today :-)