Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cambria Cove

New source for gifts.

I used to get so excited when I would get a new catalogue or magazine in the mail, but I swear that volume that comes through on a daily basis has doubled in the last 6 months. Now it's overwhelming. Before you can finish flipping through your newest pile of retail booty, another 3 or 4 arrive. Our paper recycling bin usually weighs about 200 lbs from what seems to be minor updates to catalogues or flyers that we received last week!

So when a new catalogue called Cambria Cove arrived this month, I was skeptical. Do I want to add this to my stack of "To Be Flipped Through"? Or do I want to send it straight to the blue bin? Well I'm glad that I gave it a chance!

Cambria Cove turned out to be a refreshing mix of all things related to the home. Journals, notecards, plates, glasses, gourmet food items, and much more. In the end, I dog-eared so many pages that I ended up keeping the whole catalogue instead of tearing out a page here and there. Here are just a few of the highlights that I think would make wonderful gifts for friends or for yourself:

Pretty soaps and candles make great hostess gifts!

From beautifully crafted utilitarian pieces to lovely serving pieces, the kitchen wares are on my wish list.
Potpourri and solid perfume never looked so elegant.
Mother's Day is right around the corner, and I'm sure she could use another album to store family photos.

No comments: