Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello Gorgeous.

Design Crush and Inspiration Board.

As a kid, I loved watching old black and white movies. Fred and Ginger gliding across a glossy, black, Art Deco floor in Shall We Dance. Rita Hayworth flipping her famous red locks in Gilda. Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman saying their unforgettable goodbye in Casablanca. It all just oozed "Glamour."

Now that I am older, I still ogle at glamorous eye candy in any form that I can find it. A couple of years ago, I stumbled across the fashion illustrations created by David Downton, and absolutely fell in love. He does the most amazingly beautiful illustrations for many major fashion houses as well as portraits of celebrities. Alas, I am not a famous supermodel, so I have all but given up hope that I could have my likeness glamed up by Mr. Downton. You can purchase prints of his work (definitely on my wish list)...but in the meantime, I have created this inspiration board based one of his dramatic illustrations. --a


First row: Bank of Italy, Judith Leiber clutch, Murano glass chandelier. Second Row: Jewelry from Instyle Weddings, cake from Jen's Desserts, invitation source unknown. Third Row: Cocktail from Brides.com, sparkler picture from Brides.com. Fourth Row: Bouquet from The Green Vase, Veil from Instyle Weddings.com, illustration from David Downton.

No comments: