Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fruits of your Labor

Cocktails.

Flavored vodkas have become a popular ingredient in mixed drinks. I say, shake things up and save some cash while you’re at it by infusing your own vodka. This has been an experiment that I have been waiting to try for quite some time. I was always hesitant imagining myself in the kitchen with a lab coat, rubber gloves and many glass beakers.

Imagine my surprise when after researching I found it literally takes 3 simple steps. Buy airtight containers, buy half decent vodkas and infusion ingredients, mix together and let set for approximately 5 days.

This is a Type-A personality’s dream. You can choose the vodka, the infusion ingredients and then the container to display your vodkas. In my opinion, it is always a good idea to give your guests something new and exciting to try, plus it is always a conversational ice breaker. --b


No comments: