Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookie Plate for Santa

DIY.

I am always amazed at the great DIY projects offered on Cathe Holden’s blog, Just Something I Made. When talking to my friends with children it always seems one of the stresses of the holiday season is trying to sneak in a few minutes here and there to get all the holiday wrappings and decorations finished. When I saw the Cookies for Santa plate, I thought what a great project to keep the kids busy and give you some free time to wrap gifts, online shop, prepare stockings, etc.


If your kids are a little to young to do this project unsupervised then why not treat yourself and hire a babysitter for a couple of hours to oversee the project. Even better if you have a group from your neighborhood then have everyone kick in for the babysitter and have a kid’s block party of sorts giving the mom’s a few hours of holiday free time.

Cathe has really taken any guessing out of the project and given you a clear cut tutorial with great tips. If you are interested in a little down time to catch your breathe then check out this easy, inexpensive project at Just Something I Made.