Thursday, July 8, 2010

Medley of Mikasa

New Product.

As you may have noticed from past posts, I have a great love of candles. I think they are essential for setting ambiance for an event (or just an evening at home), they make great gifts, and you can never have too many laying around.

Apparently, my constant blabbering about wax and wicks caught the eye of the folks at Mikasa. They have a new line of candles and wanted my humble, independent opinion of their product. After testing out two samples in my apartment over the course of this weekend, here's what I think.

1. The packaging is bang on. The quality of the box and subtle print detail makes it gift ready for any last minute hostess gifts. Just add a ribbon and you're set.

2. The scents are lovely and not at all overwhelming. I tested the vanilla during a party with several guys in attendance to see their reaction. I find that often vanilla can be a little too sweet smelling and overpowering for some crowds. These candles were just the right subtle note to create a pleasant atmosphere.

3. The pricepoint is fantastic. You are getting quite a sophisticated product for the $14.99 cost.

4. The glass container isn't over adorned and is a lovely shape that works with any interior. I think that once I've burned the candles to the very end, I'll clean out the wax and use them for vases as well.



But don't just take my word for it, check out these new offerings on the Mikasa website. They have also recently started their own Facebook page, so consider becoming a fan of Mikasa to see what other new ideas they are brewing up over there.

1 comment:

blake said...

Wow! This is Blake with Mikasa and on behalf of the team, I'd like to say thanks for such an amazing review! We really appreciate your feedback!

We're featuring you on our Facebook page today so be sure to check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/mikasadining?ref=ts