Thursday, July 22, 2010

Buzz Off

Outdoor parties.

I am not someone that likes to be one with nature all that often. It's not that I don't love trees, flowers, lakes, etc...it's that I hate bugs and pests. A lot. If you're having a backyard party, I'll be in the kitchen helping out with cooking.

So when I stumbled across the website for Real Goods, I was very happy to find a few things that might make me a bit more likely to partake in the great outdoors (or backyard) party.

1. Wasp Catcher. All you need to do is fill these lovely jars with sugar water and they'll attract any pesky (and painful) wasps or yellow jackets.



2. Poison Oak Soap. I am much more likely to go for a leisurely stroll in the woods with this weapon at my side. After being exposed to Poison Oak or Ivy, use this soap you won't develop any rash or the terrible itchy symptoms that come from those awful weeds.



3. Insect Repellent Bracelet. No need to smell like a chemical plant when you have these as accessories. Each bracelet contains an essential oil that wards off insects. And did I mention that it is odor free? Thank goodness!

1 comment:

CWBD Parties said...

I am definitely with you on being outdoors - hate the bugs. You should try mosquito coils too - they have them at the Dollar store and at Home depot - they work very well.