Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Simple Organization

DIY Sewing Kit.

Having a well organized home is essential to my sanity. When odds and ends start piling up without a permanent place to put them, I can become a little difficult to live with...muttering under my breath about the mess, stomach aches, and crankiness. My poor husband.

So imagine my delight when I saw this oldie-but-goodie DIY from Martha for organizing my sewing supplies. It's compact, neat, and fits everything you could need in one place. And you can actually see what supplies are inside (much better than my mish-mash of tins exploding with random spools of thread and needles). This is now officially on my list of organizing projects this week!


3 comments:

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

Love this idea - I would add a strip of fabric or ribbon to pin safety pins to or stitch spare buttons onto.

If you get a chance check out this handmade pincushion bowl - very cute:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/annamariahorner/4403551243/


Charlotte xx
http://housewife-chic.blogspot.com