Saturday, March 27, 2010

Bridal Cocktail Party

Event.

We love when our readers write us to tell us about ways that they've incorporated ideas we've shared, or share some new ideas with us. We have a passion for entertaining, and we get very excited to see that in others as well.

Last week one of our readers, Barbie Tilman, wrote in to tell us about not-so-typical bachelorette party that she threw for her best pal Margie. With a great story behind the party and wonderful photos by her friend Jessica Lorren, I just knew that we had to share this with you. Here's the story behind the event in Barbie's own words:

"My best friend Margie was ANTI a bachelorette party, but she did agree to let me throw her a low key cocktail party for our 6 best friends. It was such fun to plan. The bride and our best friends all grew up in Palm Beach, but have moved all over the country, so it was a blast for everyone to be together for a fun filled weekend. I went with a classic Palm Beach theme of pink & green & told the girls on the invitation to dress in "Palm Beach Glam" attire...bold, bright & Lilly-esque. The bride loves margarita's and wine, so they were the poison of choice for the night. I found wine glasses at the neatest little gift shop (KT Jane's/ Tampa) that I could monogram with her initial, that she LOVED."

"I also found the cutest cocktail flags for the margarita's there. Everything else was diy....the pom pom's hanging from the cocktail pavilion, the flowers, decor and food. My parent’s house in Palm Beach was the perfect gathering spot for the party, as we all use to congregate there & sneak drinks in high school. Naughty, Naughty!! We had the best memories there growing up…pool parties, slumber parties, sweet 16 parties, etc…. so it was just so fitting that we’d do her little pre-wedding cocktail celebration poolside at that house. Margie LOVED this fun night of "Margie's Margaritaville" in Palm Beach."


PS. Barbie recently started her own wedding planning business in Palm Beach/Tampa/Kennebunkport, Bumblebee Weddings. Brandi and I know a thing or two about branching out on your own. Congrats to you and best of luck in the world of entertaining!!

2 comments:

Nicole-Lynn said...

Very cute! I love the details! I live in Orlando. Very neat to see someone featured that lives near by.

Drew Watts said...

Seems to be a pretty good bridal cocktail party and hope you enjoyed well. I am planning to arrange my cousin’s wedding reception and looking for popular wedding venues. Hope to find good venue soon to have a grand wedding. Will hire planner too.