Monday, May 2, 2011

Gilchrist & Soames BeeKind Collection

Welcome Basket Idea.

One of the first things that I do when I check into a hotel room is scope out the bathroom...and the free products. I cannot tell you how many times even rather high-end hotels have truly disappointed me with their terrible shampoos and conditioners. But I certainly can't fit all of my liquid beauty items in a ziplock bag for airport security, so my nightcream comes with me and I suffer with frizzy hair from crummy hotel conditioner.

And that's why I love to encourage brides & grooms to consider putting nice, luxurious bath products in their hotel welcome baskets...especially if you know your hotel is lackluster on their offerings. A line that I was recently introduced to is the Gilchrist & Soames BeeKind Collection.



Not only does G&S BeeKind have a scent of lemon verbena, extracts of honey, and certified organic extracts of red clover, calendula, lemongrass and chamomile...*ahh*...but it's a good cause. They are supporting honey bee and sustainable pollination research at the University of California at Davis Entomology Department by donating a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the BeeKind™ Collection to the University's Honey Bee Research Program.

And as much as I love honey, I like to do all that I can to help out the honeybee issues that we are having in the US. So what do you think? Wouldn't some of these products BEE a great addition to a wedding hotel welcome basket?





3 comments:

CherryTreeTCMI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CherryTreeTCMI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CherryTreeTCMI said...

I run the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites (www.cherrytreeinn.com) in Traverse City, Michigan, and we offer BeeKind products in all of our rooms. They are wonderful! The lotion is very good and feels and acts high quality. We are constantly asked by guests where they can get this product and we are constantly told how much they love it. What a great idea to have it as a welcome gift for wedding guests! Luckily, at our hotel, it's already in the room, but what a great thought for other hotels.