So we promised that we'd share the details on how to make the adorable pig biscuits that we made for a client recently.
We got the basic recipe from grouprecipes.com...with some slight tweaks. Here you go!
- Cheese Filled Piggy Biscuits
1 tablespoon black currants
- 1 container of Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 egg
Preheat oven for 400.
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Roll pizza dough out onto a lightly floured board or stone counter. Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut as many circles as you can from the dough.
- Place one dough cut-out on the cookie sheet. Top with a teaspoon sized portion of cheese. Cover with a second round dough cut-out and crimp the edges together tightly.
Beat the egg with a small amount water, and brush over the circles. Cut out small triangles from the left over dough and position on dough circles to form the pig ears. Using a bottle cap, cut out small dough circles and place in center of pig's head to form the nose.
- Using a knife, press slits in the nose portion to create nostrils. Chop rosemary sprigs into short lengths and press into nostril slits to give them more definition. Use two currants and press into place to create the eyes. Lightly brush a bit more egg wash over the finished piggy.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for about 10 minutes or until they start to brown.