Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Recipe.

I know we have been talking an aweful lot about beverages lately, but tis the season to drink lots of fun drinks if you ask me.

Last week, Brandi highlighted a very cool hot chocolate variation. This week, I've got another one...Gingerbread Hot Chocolate.



When I was in London, I picked up the above product from Hotel Chocolat and practically happy-danced my way through the streets just thinking about it.

We gave it a try when back home and I absolutely LOVED it...but my husband thought it had a bit too much of a ginger bit for his taste. He liked the idea, but it didn't work for him.

So if you might be a bit shy of ginger or don't plan to be in London anytime soon to buy the above product, here's a homemade variation that I came up with that should suit you just fine.

Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
Serves 1

1 cup milk (any fat content)
8 tsp chopped semi-sweet hot chocolate
dash of ground ginger
dash of all spice
dash of cinnamon
1 - 2 tsp honey

Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat until scalding, but not boiling. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals until just melted. Stir the spices into the chocolate.

Slowly whisk the chocolate into the hot milk, giving it a good froth. Add enough honey to sweeten to your liking. Pour in a mug and enjoy!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! Combining two of my favorite holiday treats! XO

http://tryitonmegirl.blogspot.com/

yadongbiz said...

Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want to say that this article is very nice and very informative. 한국야동

Also do visit may web page check this link 야설

yahanvideonet said...

Thank you for sharing your article and I hope you will share some more information about this.. keep sharing! 한국야동

Also do visit may web page check this link 야설

koreayadongcom said...

I am interested in this area if you are a great site but know some community forums. I think it should be a good opportunity to get feedback from others who are experienced. 야동

Also do visit may web page check this link 국산야동

chinayadongnet said...

Very nice article and straight to the point. I don't know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you folks have any idea where to get some professional writers? Thank you. 한국야동

Also do visit may web page check this link 야동

badugisitenet said...

I wan’t going to comment as this posts a bit old now, but just wanted to say thanks. 바둑이사이트