Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Special Ingredient

Food Find.

I love when I walk into a Trader Joe's and it's unexpectedly not busy...it allows me to spend more time strolling down the aisle and filling up my cart with vast amounts of fun-sounding things.

My most recent trip yielded their Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar. I'm a big fan of vinegars in general and love to make my own vinaigrettes and marinades, but this one is truly special. With a sweet citrusy flavor and the mild acidity of a champagne vinegar, there are so many things that you can do with this magic ingredient.


Last weekend, I threw together a big bowl fruit salad of sliced strawberries and blackberries and just topped it with a teaspoon of sugar (to sweeten the strawberries) and about 2 tablespoons of this vinegar. Let it marinade in the fridge for a bit and serve with a slice of angel food cake, shortcake, or just by itself. Give it a try...it's delish!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Trader Joes is so awesome! I love trying their wines and their creatively named sauces! Thanks for the tip on this one! So awesome!