Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Hardware

Home Decor.

I'm facing a daunting task right now. Furnishing a new apartment that is nearly 4 times the size of my previous Manhattan apartment. Needless to say, I am working any angle that will make a big impact at little cost.

My new favorite thing to do is change out hardware on some of my furniture pieces. Anthropologie has an amazing selection of door handles and knobs...and all at a very reasonable price. It's easy to switch out and requires no fancy tools.

So what did I do? I decided to add a little bling to my danish modern buffet cabinet. Simple crystal knobs added a whole lot of glamour to my straight-laced utilitarian piece. And it only cost me $32 bucks to create a total facelift!! What a steal.

3 comments:

Kim @ Frost Me! said...

knobs can totally change a piece! And the increase space happen to us too - it's hard! 1100 to 3000 sq feet

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jenny said...

I love that clear glass knob! I put a similar one on my nightstand and it looks so pretty!

leslie.conner said...

I did nearly the same thing with an antique buffet- I love all of Anthropologie's knobs :)