Friday, February 24, 2012

2012 Spring Beauty

Beauty.

So this past weekend I finally had the time to replenish my dwindling supply of make-up, which of course meant a trip to the make-up counters at Bloomies and Sephora.

I have a love/hate relationship with both of these places. I love products, but I hate the hard sell. And don't even get me started on the DJ booth at Sephora on Saturday nights. I'm too old for clubs now, why do the DJs need to attack me when all I want is answers on which mascara won't smudge all over my face???



I wish I had done a bit of research about the new trends in make-up/beauty for Spring 2012 before shopping. With so much pressure, loud music, and sales people wearing WAY too much make-up, I just retreat to my shimmery brown shadow.

But this is what the fashion world thinks we should do this year, according to Elle Magazine. What do you think?

1. Voluminous Locks.
Dust off those hot rollers.


2. Strong Brows
Drop the tweezers and pick up the eyebrow pencil.


3. Strong Navy Smokey Eye.
Can I really pull this off???


4. Shimmery eyes.
From super dark to barely there.


5. Red Lips
Woot woot!! Still going strong and I have the perfect colors picked out.


6. Cat Eye.
Note to self: Study Adele to perfect this look.


7. Bronzy cheeks.
Oiy Vey. My fair skin always comes off as looking "dirty" when I try bronzer. Guess I'll have to work at this one.


8. Bob Cuts.
Not happening for me this year...I've taken way too much time to grown my hair out to cut it all off. But love the look.


9. Thick, blunt bangs.
Skipping this one too, but dig the retro vibe.


What do you guys think? Would you employ any of these trends in your beauty routine for 2012?


2 comments:

Chrystina said...

Some of these things I already do - that's exciting. It's also nice to know that my eyebrows are finally in style...

wedding photographers in goa said...

Red LIPS my favorite