Friday, September 9, 2011

Seeing Red

Beauty.

I've been lugging around my September issues of all the magazines to see what's new in the world of fashion and beauty. And you know what? Red lipstick is still in.



I, for one, am completely psyched that I can still go rouge because I've assembled a cast of 3 fool-proof colors that I rotate for everyday wear. And even though I was hesitant at first to wear them (are people staring at my bright red lips???), I soon got over that. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't get a complement on my daring shades...so I must be doing something right.

So today, I'm sharing my secret weapons with you dear readers. Get out and buy one. You'll love them!!


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Rebelle
Slightly coral and sheer. No fuss application for daytime wear. I also layer over other colors to add extra shine.



Laura Mercier Creme Lipstick - Sunrise
Slightly more orange undertone to this creamy red color. I wear this for both more formal day or night occasions. The Chanel color from above looks great layered over this for a glossier look.



Lorac Breakthrough Performance 15 SPF Lipstick - Leading Lady
This is the lipstick that sparked my red love affair. More of a cool undertone, but what I would call a true red. The moisturizing texture feel luxurious when you wear it. LOVE it for evening.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I also love red lipstick but am not daring enough yet to try it for everyday use. Perhaps I will try the sheer Chanel.