Friday, March 4, 2011

Cocktail du Jour

Cocktail recipe.

Last night the hubby and I dined in a Manhattan hot spot. One of those places that takes reservations exactly 30 days out and had me poised with phone in hand dialing 9digits and waiting to hit number 10 until exactly time to light up the reservations line. It worked!

While we were waiting for our table we decided to have a cocktail at the bar. Upon being seated the bartender said, “Would you like to see the regular cocktail menu or the meat cocktail menu?” It was taking me a little longer than usual to respond, as my mind kept going to Snooki and remembering something she once said regarding a meat tail. I’m thinking they are two different things.



Turns out infusing spirits with meat has become a new trend. I ordered a drink called “the butcher” and while it wasn’t bad and I was pretty thrilled with my piece of jerky, I’ll have to pass on this trend. I don’t fancy myself ordering a moogarita instead of a margarita any time soon. If you would like taste test for yourself, check out this recipe.

The Butcher

1 strip beef jerky
1/4 oz. honey syrup
2 oz. aged rum
1 orange peel
dash of whiskey bitters

Soak beef jerky in aged rum for 30 minutes. Stir infused rum, honey syrup and bitters and pour into a martini glass. Flame an orange peel. Use slice of beef jerky for garnish. (To make honey syrup, mix 2 oz. honey with 1 oz. hot water.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an odd drink. I know that new stuff constantly comes up but I think I'll keep the meat out of my drinks.