Friday, March 11, 2011

Blue Print for Success??

Food.

I've thought about trying a dietary cleanse before, but I've always chickened out because I really like food. But I think this is my year to be adventurous. I'm not trying to lose a ton of weight, but I'd rather not feel like the human equivalent of a cheeseburger. So after a winter of rich foods, I just need to give my body...well...a cleanse.

I read about the Blue Print Cleanse on Joy the Baker and thought that if my fellow food lover could survive, I certainly can as well.



So have any of you guys ever tried Blue Print or any other kind of cleanse. What do you think?

4 comments:

Abby said...

nothing against cleanses, but looking at those juices... one of them has 45g of sugar, (that's more than a candy bar! ) and not much protein...

Alyssa said...

I LOVE BPC!! Very yummy :)
I tried the 3 day beginner program. Juices 5 and 6 were a little hard to get down, but you may enjoy 6. The rest were pretty awesome and I didn't feel hungry at all, surprisingly.
It's very important that you prepare for the cleanse by eliminating heavy foods, sugars, and caffeine in the few days leading up to your cleanse.
Also, the makers of BPC released a book on cleansing that also has some awesome recipes and juice recipes. After reading that book, I was confident that I could handle their cleanse.

BPC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hip Hostess said...

Alyssa - I will definitely check out the cookbook. And thanks for the tip about prepping before the cleanse!