Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Turducken of Cheese Balls



When I saw this article over at Chow it really cracked me up…the Turducken cheese ball. It took a group of people armed with cheeses, spices and determination many hours to figure out the perfect combo. The winning combo turned out to be the following:

Washed rind cheese
Spanish Chorizo
Manchego Cheese
Dried figs
Emmentaler cheese
Chopped Chives and Parsley
Cheddar Cheese
Asian Pear
Blue Cheese
Toasted Walnuts
Goat Cheese
Sliced Almonds, pecans and bacon

I saw on the reviews that someone commented that it was not the best way to eat cheese. Indeed they are probably right, but I love the novelty of the idea and the “wow” factor that goes along with it. Bringing a turducken cheese ball to a get together is a sure way to get people laughing and talking. Plus who wouldn’t want to try all those delicious layers? It’s a memorable holiday treat that everyone will appreciate!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but any reference to turducken always makes me laugh. May just have to try this recipe!

~Stop Me if You've Heard This One

skippysays said...

OMG now that's something I can get down with! I <3 cheese :)
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Desiree said...

Oh my God. OH. MY. GOD! That is absurd. And it makes me think I should do a cheese ball for my Christmas party next weekend. But definitely nothing so...rich and difficult.

Cheese Chick said...

With all the retro fervor, I had to rethink my distaste for cheeseballs. I found the concept really fun to work with. Using fine cheese makes ALL the difference!