Friday, December 30, 2011

Keeping Cashmere Clean

Fashion.

The feel of cashmere is something quite special indeed. And I've long read that one of the essential 10 (or so) items that every woman should have in her closet is a black cashmere turtleneck. Always in style. A classic iconic piece.

Well I fully intend to check that item of my wardrobe to-do list this year, but I have a feeling that I'll be wearing this soft piece of luxury an awful lot (ie. my winter uniform). The thought of adding yet another regular item to my drycleaning bill is just nauseating.

Which bring me to The Laundress Wool and Cashmere Shampoo.



I have heard wonders about this product and just read in Lucky that you really can wash your cashmere and wool with it. But I'm a bit hesitant to take the plunge with my soon-to-be coveted clothing essential.

Has anyone tried it? Did you end up with a barbie sweater or were you just as happy as some people claim?? This inquiring mind desperately wants to know.

9 comments:

causer659 said...

Second post - I was given excellent advice; wash in the washing machine on delicate with cold water only, Woolite and a bit of fabric softener. Lay out flat to dry. Works beautifully. Dry cleaning is too harsh.

Anonymous said...

I've totally used the Laundress Shampoo and it does exactly what it says. Follow the instructions on their website, and you'll be fine. Cool to lukewarm water, handwash, roll in a towel to squeeze water out, lay out to finish drying. Mine are usually completely dry within 24 hours.

It smells nice, goes faster, and feels so nice! Plus, dry cleaning is harsher on the fabric.

Hip Hostess said...

Thanks for the advise! I'm running out today to buy my sweater and the Laundress Shampoo.

파워볼사이트 said...

I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS.

gostopsite.com said...

Having read this I thought it was really informative.

sportstotomen.com said...

Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this.

19guide03.com said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!!

slotplayground.com said...

The overall look of your web site is great.

edwardsrailcar.com said...

A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.