So...last year I talked about making an ornament wreath, but sadly it did not happen. I ran out of time, got scared, or perhaps was just a little lazy. But I'm happy to say that this year I tackled the project and I'm quite happy with the results...
I actually did this project a bit different than what I had originally read in Good Housekeeping. I bought all supplies from Jamali Garden in NYC, but you could probably shop your local craft store, floral supply, or hardware store.
I used a pre-formed wire wreath (intended for floral designs). I then hot glued the tops onto all of the ornaments so they wouldn't pop off. And then started wiring the ornaments to the wire form.
For me, it was easiest to create 3 "quadrants" with my largest ornaments (mine are the mercury glass balls with texture). And then I filled the space in between them in the most balanced way. To keep everything secure, I then hot glued some of the clusters together so they wouldn't roll around along the wire form. The whole project took about an hour...and that is for an OCD person like myself.
I hope to use this in our holiday decor for many years!