Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Clear Winner?

Baby Stuff.

I have to say that a lot of the newer furniture and product design in the baby world give me hope that I won't totally have to throw my modernist style out the window when we finally decide to add a tot to our clan. But the Hollis crib below had me saying "what the what?"



Named after a pioneer in acrylic furniture, George Hollis, the Hollis Crib is made from non-toxic and recyclable lucite and can be adjusted to 3 different mattress heights. As for stability, I have no fear of acrylic furntiture being flimsy as I proudly own and use several Louis Ghost chairs...and I'm fairly certain I weigh more than a baby.

But what do you all think of having your baby "floating" in this $3000 clear crib?

1 comment:

Juliette said...

Well, you'd be able to see if any toys got wedged between the mattress and the sides of the crib...

I think I wouldn't want to see the sides of my mattress and/or wrinkly sheet edges all the time. And hello fingerprints and drool marks! =P

I guess I'm too practical for such a thing! =)