Thursday, September 16, 2010

papernstitch: carrie strine

Fun Site/Fun Find.

I love that websites like Etsy, Big Cartel, and Dawanda allow artists and crafters to showcase their wares to a larger audience. But do you ever get a little overwhelmed now by the sheer volume of items on these sites?

Don't get me wrong...there are definitely days when I have the time and attention span to spend a good hour or two just surfin their crafty wares. On other days...not so much.

That's why I'm intrigued by papernstitch. They pull from all of these sites to create an online exhibit of the best on the web. They curate their offerings monthly, so you know that you are seeing the best of what's new. So for those days when I don't have that extra digging around spirit...I head straight to papernstitch.

And what's new this month to love? Carrie Strine.



Carrie's shop is diverse for sure, offering everything from quilts to coasters to table runners. But I'm loving her fabric party wares. She takes what is normally a disposable item (likely the basic paper streamer) and recreates them in a more permanent, sustainable option.

And don't even get me started on this kit below. It is customized for each individual with everything you need for your party. So easy. So put together. And so adorable!


1 comment:

Vicky said...

So great, I love this site!!! Those party items are amazing.