Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bottle Art

DIY.

My favorite section of the Sunday paper is the Relish Magazine insert. It is chock full of interesting facts and fun new recipes. This weekend I was excited to see an editorial by Teresa Blackburn about cream glass etching.

Hip Hostess is always showing you ways to use your interesting leftover glass bottles like here, here and here. Now with this tutorial from Teresa you can take it a step further and personalize them for whatever event you are hosting.




This is an inexpensive way to add creativity and personalization to your tablescape. All it takes is a few household items and some etching cream, which Michael’s and numerous craft stores carry for around $12 for 3 oz. This is a project that is best left for after the kids go to bed as the cream can burn if not used properly. However, they can definitely help with the prepping and will be very excited with the cool outcome the next morning.

I plan to stock up on my bottles and add a cool effect to my holiday tables. I have yet to come up with the perfect phrase that adds a “wow” factor and festive touch at the same time. Any ideas are welcome.

No comments: