Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vanilla Sugar

Recipe.

I'm always looking for an inexpensive way to spruce up my daily routine. I've decided to give my morning cup of joe a bit of a boost with vanilla-infused sugar. Vanilla sugar is unbelievably easy to make and store. It can also be substituted for regular sugar in desserts to give it a big flavor burst. Yum...


Vanilla Sugar
1 vanilla bean, whole or scraped
2 cups sugar

If vanilla bean is whole, slice down side of bean with back of knife and scrape seeds into airtight container with the sugar. Bury bean in sugar and seal tightly with lid. Let sit for 1 to 2 weeks.

PS. My last trip to Costco yielded a fantastic deal on vanilla beans.

3 comments:

coolkids said...

love this idea!

coolkids said...

love this idea!

Jen said...

Fantastic idea! Thank you!