Monday, May 12, 2014

The Citrus Bonita

You know how I roll as a hip hostess...every new season I like to pick a signature drink to serve for those coming months.  I like to switch it up every year so guests never know what to expect.  This year since it will be our first year with the Savannah heat, I'm thinking light and citrusy.  So, decision made this year if  you stop by (crossing my fingers it will be poolside) I'll serve you a Citrus Bonita.  I like the idea of a quality tequila enhanced with guava nectar and pineapple juice.  It sounds summery, fruity, refreshing and delicious.

WHAT YOU’LL NEED
4 oz. guava nectar
1 oz. pineapple juice
1/2 oz. lemon juice
2 oz. tequila
1/2 oz. triple sec
Dash of grenadine
Coarse salt

HOW TO MAKE IT…
Combine the nectar, juices, tequila, triple sec, and grenadine in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until cold and pour into a salt-rimmed glass with additional ice, as needed. Garnish with tropical fruit, pop open a cocktail umbrella and enjoy your stay.





No comments: