Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day

Sunday is a very special day...mother's day!  As everyone knows my mother doesn't live close enough to to actually spend the day with.  But you know a true hip hostess, that doesn't stop me from thinking about what if?  I am a big fan of mother's day brunch, due to the fact that restaurants are crowded and noisy and hosting allows you to put together special touches to make the day even greater.  If I was hosting it would look something like this.

Creole coffee punch
I like the idea of making one drink that includes your coffee fix and your libation all in one.



Skakshuka (Moroccan baked eggs)
These are delicious and can be prepped ahead of time and all you have to do is add the egg and bake. Plus it presents beautifully.

Strawberry Lemonade Coffee Cake
Cause you always gotta have a little something sweet to balance the savory.



Flowers
I would use flowers as my centerpiece that doubled as a gift for mom to take home.  I think you can't go wrong with ranunculus they are chic and easy to style.



No comments: