Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Tip



Are you at a loss for what dish to bring as your Thanksgiving contribution? It’s always a difficult choice because you want to serve something that will make people ooh and ahh, but at the same time you don’t want to be a nuisance in the kitchen taking up to much space and time. The last thing you want is to stress out the host.

My recommendation is Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Wild Mushrooms and Cream. The most important factor is that you can’t skimp on ingredients in this dish. You have to go for the real deal wild mushrooms that you find at a farmer’s market. The dish is easy peasy to make but what makes it shine is the ingredients. Even if you aren’t confident in your cooking skills this dish will make you seem like a culinary whiz.

The brussel sprouts and mushrooms can be cooked ahead and then the finishing touches before serving take 10 minutes at most. When I say I think about this dish all the time…it is not an exaggeration. All you have to do is read the reviews. Most people say it is the best brussel sprout dish they have ever had and I have to agree!

1 comment:

justinelorelle said...

I have to confess...brussel sprouts are the one vegetable I usually can't stomach. But this actually makes them look kind of scrumptious. You may have made a convert out of me...

~Stop Me if You've Heard This One