Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hot Honey Heaven

Cocktail.

Cold weather means hot drinks in my book. And I have opined about my love of the Hot Toddy many, many times...and I still love them. What isn't to love about a drink that makes you feel warm and cozy on the chilliest of evenings?

This delicious recipe is from the new Bon Apetit (gosh...I really love that magazine). Consider this part of my winter rotation.




Honey Bourbon Toddy

Ingredients
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup hot water
6 tablespoons bourbon or Apple Bourbon (see below for recipe)
2 3x1/2" strips lemon peel
2 cinnamon sticks

Preparation
Stir honey and water in a 2-cup measuring cup until honey dissolves. Add bourbon (or better yet, Apple Bourbon, in which case you'll use 1 Tbsp. honey). Divide between 2 Toddy glasses. Twist a strip of lemon peel over each drink, then add to glass. Stir each with a cinnamon stick and serve.

To make Apple Bourbon, combine a 750-ml bottle of bourbon, 4 cored, sliced Fuji apples, and 4 cinnamon sticks in a pitcher. Cover; chill for 3 days. Strain and sip of use in recipe above.

No comments: