Friday, November 11, 2011

Replace the Pie?

Recipe.

When it comes to the Thanksgiving, I often find myself a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the menu selection. Even though that flies in the face of how I like to eat every other day of the year, I really just want my turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pie.

But I saw this recipe for Bavarian Cranberry Apple Torte in InStyle this month and I can't stop thinking about it.



It just sounds like the perfect marriage of traditional Turkey Day ingredients in a non-traditional way. I think I may have to give this a try...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not really a cake person, and I never really get cravings for pie. I'd rather have freshly made chocolate chip cookies any day. So I say make the dessert you love!

~Stop Me if You've Heard This One

Anonymous said...

I have made this recipe several times, It is so great!!! My family and friends love it! they are always asking for me to prepare it ;) I just use a little bit less sugar in the crust.. about 1/3 cup and it is perfect! =) You should definitively try it!!