Monday, July 27, 2009

An obsession continues...

Fashion Illustration.

I know I have a problem. I don't think it is 12 step worthy yet, but I am obsessed with fashion illustrations! And of course I have another object of affection, Mats Gustafson.

His watercolor illustrations are completely drool-worthy. Moody and minimalistic, they are less about details and more about the overall sense of style that each designer is trying to portray with their collection. And having worked with all of the majors (Chanel, Commes des Garcons, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar just to name a few), he has had great material to portray.

His prints are a bloody fortune, but I really think that one day in the future I must have one of these lovelies hanging on my wall.





4 comments:

leni said...

gorgeous watercolors!

Katie said...

this is talent...love em!

Carolina said...

Beautiful, so elegant too!

Anonymous said...

Any idea if he has illustration books? and where they can be for purchase?