Friday, July 24, 2009

A cobbler by any other name…still tastes as sweet.

Food.

Summer fruit is in full swing: nectarines, raspberries, blueberries, apricots and cherries are all delicious and plentiful this time of year. It is a great time to break out the pie and cobbler recipes.

This reminds me of a conversation that took place awhile back. A group of us were hanging out when two of my favorite topics came up, entertaining and dessert. The group collectively felt that desserts are usually time consuming, difficult and on top of that, expensive. Being a Hip Hostess I offered my two cents which was, why not try a cobbler? Cobbler is easy, fast, inexpensive and delicious. Imagine my surprise when wrinkled up noses appeared around the table? Everyone felt that cobbler was a little to basic and boring when trying to impress guests.


Even though cobblers are a bit basic, they still make my mouth water. The next time you find yourself in need of a dessert to serve to guests why not try a Slump, Buckle, Pandowdy or Claufouti. These are some regional variations of the cobbler and still easy, quick and delicious. Check out some recipes below.

No comments: