Thursday, May 7, 2009

How Sweet It Is

Cocktail.

Those of you that read our blog regularly probably recognize that the Hip Hostess ladies enjoy a good cocktail. We talk about a new libation at least once a week. But I have to tell you that I don't remember a time that I was this excited about a new spirit or drink.

Two weeks ago, a friend of mine in Chicago introduced me to a product that he "can only find in South Carolina." Because he is a kind person, he gave me the last of his liquid gold to taste and I could not get it out of my mind after. What is this magic liquor? Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Just writing those words makes me thirsty.


Imagine ever-versatile vodka infused with sweet, honey-like tea flavors to create a spirit that is slow and mellow...just like sitting on a porch swing in the South. And what about having to go to South Carolina to pick this up? Thankfully, my friend was mistaken and you can find this amazing liquor in most states. You can check their site for a list of distributors...or call your local liquor store and beg them to start stocking it. (Sam's Wine & Spirits carries it in Chicago and Bottle Rocket Wine does in NYC).

My favorite way to enjoy this spirit is in a John Daly...aka A Naughty Arnold Palmer. Add this drink to your Spring/Summer arsenal and you'll thank me later.


John Daly Cocktail
1 part Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka
3 parts Lemonade (I like Crystal Light the best)

Pour ingredients over crushed ice and stir. Garnish with mint or lemon wedge if desired. Kick up your feet and enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we will be honeymooning in charleston and savannah this summer. i can't think of a better beverage for an evening on the porch (or an afternoon on the beach, for that matter). thank you!

mschrec said...

Your friend in Chicago is a genius! I love that guy!

Sincerely,
Matt Schrec