Saturday, May 16, 2009

DIY Napkin Rings

On Sunday morning my husband and I decided we would take advantage of the nice weather. We did our usual diplomatic decision making process where both of us take turns coming up with ideas until one sticks. This process can sometimes take awhile since I usually start out with something like, “We could browse through the Brooklyn Flea and walk around the neighborhood.” Then he counters with, “We could watch sports at a local pub and get some wings.” Today we decided to take a hike around Harriman Lake and then have a picnic lakeside.

Everything was progressing nicely until I placed the silverware in the basket and realized it needed to be much more secure if it was to make it up the side of the mountain without rattling. After rummaging though my craft bag, I found some unused D-Rings (no idea where they came from) and some unused ribbon and the solution was born. It was super easy and the finished product was pretty darn cute. Check out the instructions below and I challenge anyone to beat my record time of 5 minutes for 4 napkin rings.

Supplies
D-Ring –Size 1 ½” (You will need 2 per napkin ring)
Ribbon- Size 1 ½”
Glue gun or sewing machine

Step 1
Cut 2 pieces of ribbon 8.5 inches long.

Step 2
Glue ribbon back to back so that the pattern shows on both sides

Step 3
Place the end of the ribbon through both D-Rings and fold over the straight edge of the D and glue or stitch. Trim or sew the loose end of the ribbon.



Step 4
Look ribbon around napkin and then through the ring. Then you are ready to go!

3 comments:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

These are so cute. I will definately have to try these sometime!

Katy said...

OMG, I LOVE these! what an adorable twist on those cute preppy belts I love. I am making some tonight!

Inviting Concepts said...

Wow. This is so cute. I like pink. I have also seen a lot of DIY invitations and favors in this website. http://invitingconcepts.com.au/category180

You may want to check it out.