P.S. I used to serve the spring pea pesto at hip hostess as a summer appetizer and everyone loves the fresh taste and bright color.
- 1 large loaf of bread, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 recipe Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 recipe Saffron Tomato Confit
- 1 recipe Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 recipe Spring Pea Pesto
- 1 handful fresh arugula
- 1 cup charred corn (you can take an extra shortcut and grab a bag of frozen charred corn at Trader Jpe's)
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms
- assorted cheeses
- assorted meats
- Heat a grill over medium high heat.
- Generously drizzle the bread with olive oil on both sides. Using a pair of tongs, transfer the slices of bread to the grill and grill for a few moments until grill marks are present. Flip and continue to grill the bread on the other side for a minute more. Remove and set aside.
- Remove the garlic from it's paper and carefully rub the garlic on the toasted bread to give it an extra layer of flavor.
- Arrange the toppings on a large platter or table and serve with the grilled bread.