Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pizza Frittata

I've been on a low carb diet for a couple of weeks now and I can say that it hasn't been to terrible.  I eat a lot of salads for lunch so I thought this would be a transition that wouldn't be to crazy.  I just needed to remove my beloved potatoes and rice from the nightly meal.  So far, so good...but then I got an intense pizza craving which is kinda bizarre because I'm not a huge pizza eater.  I have trouble controlling my portion size with pizza so it is one of those things that I eat about once a year on special occasions.  But the craving was so strong that it left me no choice but to try to come up with an alternative which is what I did with Rachel Ray's pizza frittata.  Now this is not Domino's, but it did have similar flavors and I really loaded up the hot sopressata and added some roasted red peppers.  It was quite tasty and cured my craving.  If anyone else has any low carb recipes that they a sister out.

No comments: