Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pizza Frittata

I've been on a low carb diet for a couple of weeks now and I can say that it hasn't been to terrible.  I eat a lot of salads for lunch so I thought this would be a transition that wouldn't be to crazy.  I just needed to remove my beloved potatoes and rice from the nightly meal.  So far, so good...but then I got an intense pizza craving which is kinda bizarre because I'm not a huge pizza eater.  I have trouble controlling my portion size with pizza so it is one of those things that I eat about once a year on special occasions.  But the craving was so strong that it left me no choice but to try to come up with an alternative which is what I did with Rachel Ray's pizza frittata.  Now this is not Domino's, but it did have similar flavors and I really loaded up the hot sopressata and added some roasted red peppers.  It was quite tasty and cured my craving.  If anyone else has any low carb recipes that they love...help a sister out.

No comments: