Monday, August 2, 2010

Root Beer Float Day

Infused liquor and cocktail recipe.

I wanted to give everyone fair warning about a very imporant day that is coming up this week. Friday, August 6th is National Root Beer Float Day. Right on.

It has been FAR too long since I've treated myself to a root beer float. And few things taste better or make you more nostalgic on a summer day. But...if you'd rather invest your calories on a TGIF cocktail, I might have a way that you can still enjoy the taste of a float in libation form. Enter: Three Olives Root Beer Flavored Vodka.



On a normal day, I would mix this flavored vodka with club soda or ginger ale, but today we want to imitate a float. So how does a Floatini sound? Is it Friday yet?

Root Beer Floatini
1.5 oz. Three Olives Root Beer Vodka
.5 oz. Amaretto liqueur
.5 oz. Irish Cream liqueur

Shake hard over ice & strain into glass. And if you are feeling like having an extra little treat...float a melon-ball size scoop of vanilla ice cream in center.

6 comments:

coolkids said...

mmm I have to try this!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

This is so clever! I love root beer floats and haven't had one in years. If I am going to indulge why not take the more adult route! Thanks for the recipe. You always have the most fun and creative adult beverages!

jenn from midlife modern said...

Oooh! I've never heard of this, but it sounds delicious! I'm a sucker for sweet alcoholic drinks.

Kristen said...

My oh my!

a) Thanks for the fair warning about the impending Holiday
b) That drink looks mind blowing. Can't wait for a taste.

Tanja @ Postmodern Hostess said...

This looks fantastic. It makes me want to throw a party just to serve this!

Unknown said...

Oh wow... this sounds delicous! I'm going to have to try it.