Thursday, January 15, 2009

Imaginative Illustrations

Baby Gift/Decor.
Have you ever noticed that things happen in multiples? One of your friends will get engaged, and then all of a sudden 2 others will too. Well, I'm in the middle of a baby boom right now with my family and friends. And what is stressful to me is that I'm learning that I know very little about babies. I spent a good hour looking at one baby registry the other night and I didn't know what half of the "equipment" (for lack of a better term) was.

So I quickly clicked off of that registry and sought sanity from Etsy. And I ran across the most amazing illustration work by Belle & Boo. All of her prints have a wonderful charm and whimsy about them...perfect for a baby's/child's bedroom. And it hit me! I may not know the last thing about diaper jeanies, strollers, and Baby Einstein but I do know great design when I see it. And I know that our pals are probably stressing about making their first nursery look as adorable as it possibly can. So maybe I'll have our friends choose a couple of prints that they love and Auntie Amber can start the baby's first original art collection! C'est magnifique! --a




1 comment:

Mrs. in May said...

Love that idea! And especially love the idea of having them choose! I actually just learned of a dear friend being preggers today!