Thursday, January 29, 2009

Birds of a feather.

Inspiration Board.

In December, I was thrilled to find out that one of my closest friends had gotten engaged. During the holidays I was lucky enough to get back to Chi-town to celebrate with her. In the middle of a long line of toasts, she asked me what I thought of Peacocks as a theme. Well I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since then!

I think that in order to pull off such a bold statement, you must have vibrant personality & style to not let those feathers take over - this lady has both in spades. So I put together this little inspiration board with the future Mrs. Sipic in mind.

Peacock feathers can be found in all sorts of color variations, but I focused on the blues and greens. I liked the mixture of bold statements (the super fun wreath) and more subtle statements (like the centerpieces - where the peacock feathers blend in nicely with simple wildflowers). So as to not go overboard, I also think it is important to incorporate non-peacock, but color-appropriate themes too (such as the paisley invites, cupcakes and multicolor drink flags). And I finished it off with a beautiful tea-length dress and sassy accessories. I can't wait for July...her wedding is going to be so much fun!


No comments: