Thursday, November 6, 2008

Devilish Delight.

Appetizer.

Living in NYC gives me the chance to go to some really amazing restaurants. One of my favorite places that I've visited in the last year is Centro Vinoteca. Chef Anne Burrell has created a menu that is chock-full of absolutely amazing dishes -some very complex and some that are just the perfect balance of simple ingredients. One of my favorites things on her menu is the simple yet unbelievably addictive Truffled Deviled Eggs. Who wouldn't like this? Deviled Eggs...delish. Truffles...yes, please!

After talking about these eggs for months now, I've decided that I'm going to give them a go. Here's a recipe that I found from Cottage Living. I just have to make sure that I have plenty of friends over when I make these, or else I'll eat every last one. --a


Truffled Deviled Eggs

Ingredients
12 large eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons white truffle oil
Extra-virgin olive oil

Garnishes: fresh chives, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano

Preparation
1. Place eggs and water to cover in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Drain eggs, and rinse with cold water for several minutes. Peel eggs, and cut in half lengthwise.
2. Place 6 egg halves (including whites) and all additional egg yolks in a food processor. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and 1/4 cup grated cheese; blend well. Add salt, pepper, and truffle oil. If too thick, add olive oil (or more truffle oil if you want a stronger flavor), 1/2 teaspoon at a time, to desired consistency.
3. Place mixture in a pastry bag with a plain or star-shaped tip (or a small zip-top plastic bag with a corner cut out), and pipe mixture into remaining egg halves. Garnish, if desired.

Yield
Makes 18 deviled egg halves

No comments: