Monday, June 18, 2012

Limeade

Limeade is definitely the ugly stepsister to lemonade and to be honest I'm not really sure why.  It's not hard to score limes, as a matter of fact they are right beside the lemons in almost every store.  Actually limeade for me brings back childhood warm and fuzzies.  You might be picturing a mom standing over a juicer with a lovely apron on but that is not the one.  It's the one where you pull up to Sonic and press a button.  Still a great memory though.

I'm having a few people over this weekend and I think it's about time lemonade took a back seat.  I found this recipe from The Salty Pineapple that adds a hint of condensed milk for creaminess.  That might be the touch we have been looking for to help take away a bit of the bitterness and propel limes to the top!

No comments: