Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pool Party Chic

Beauty.

On the streets of Manhattan I have been noticing women sporting a chic new hair accessory. Now truthfully it is not all that complicated…it is in fact a hair elastic with a pre-tied knot. When I first saw it, I thought it would be a great way to incorporate some fun into a situation where you needed to sport a ponytail, for instance, a pool party or outdoor bbq. When I got home, I looked up the bands only to discover that they are called Bop Bijoux and are accompanied by a price tag of $45. That was the last time I thought about the cute hair accessory.

Until…I was checking out one of my favorite blog reads Yellow Brick Blogspot and saw that Lyndsy had found a variation of the same hair tie for $5.80 at this website. Now everyone can be poolside chic without having to take out extra insurance for their hair accessory.


3 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I love low pony tails!

Hilary said...

Sometimes when I break my hairtie I tie it in a knot like that and put it back in my hair... who knew I was being fashionable?!

Brittany said...

Forever 21 also has knotted hairties.. probably not quite the same quality, but certainly a great price!

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=promo%5Fsport&product%5Fid=1087588393&Page=1