Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's in the bag.

Favors.

I don't think I'm alone in the world when I say that I love snacks. There isn't a potato chip or candy that I have come across that I don't like. In fact, the mere thought of chocolate covered pretzels will give me the strength to power through another 10 minutes on the eliptical machine in the morning to cancel out a potential afternoon splurge.

Now I believe that most casual parties that I have gone to in recent past - be they football party or game night - have included some sort of snack table. Usually what can be found next to the smorgas board o' chips and candies is a pile of lack-luster plastic bowls...because who wants to wash 20 bowls at midnight after the party has dispersed? Or who even has 20 spare bowls??

Here is an alternative to the ugly plastic bowl. Personalized glassine bags. They are cheap and easy to create. Take up little room in your cupboard. And you can have a different "theme" for each party. Here's what you need:

1. Glassine bags

2. Unmounted repositionable stamps (you can get complete alphabet sets for about $10)

3. An acrylic block for the stamps (between $5 -$10, depending on size)

4. Stamp pad (I used Brilliance Archival Pigment Ink because it works best on glossy surfaces)

Look how simple and fun these be..and you don't have to do dishes. --a


No comments: